If the project is associated with a Youtube channel, it is important to link the data to Google Analytics.
Create a new property in Google Analytics
- Google Analytics > Admin > Property Dropdown > Create a new property
- Name it appropriately (“Youtube” or Client – “Youtube)
- Paste the Youtube channel URL, choose the industry and timezone, and click “Get Tracking ID”
- Copy just the Tracking ID “UA-XXXXXXX-X”.
Link the Youtube Channel
- Youtube > Creator Studio
- You can access this by going to a video then click “Video Manager” or “Analytics”
- In the left side navigation find Channel > Advanced
- Scroll down to “Google Analytics property tracking ID” and paste the Tracking ID
- Click “Save”
This will send Youtube data to the new property in Google Analytics.